Various Artists - NOW Yearbook 1980 to 1984: The Final Chapter - (4CD Album) - pre-order [2022-12-02]
Various Artists - NOW Yearbook 1980 to 1984: The Final Chapter - (4CD Album)
NOW was recently proud to announce the ‘Yearbook’ for 1985, as we move forward to the second half of the 1980s, and we were delighted with the response to the 1979 edition back in September. However, we haven’t quite finished with those golden pop years 1980 – 1984.
Compiling the ‘Yearbook’ series is a true labour of love, but given that between 1980 and 1984 there were more than 1500 new entries on the UK Top 40 – and on the ‘Yearbooks’ and their ‘Extras’ for the period we have presented 726 tracks – which means there are a number of brilliant songs that we didn’t get to feature… yet.
We proudly present ‘NOW - Yearbook 1980 - 1984: The Final Chapter’ – 81 tracks celebrating more Pop magic from an exceptional time in the UK charts.
A huge #1 from Wham!, with era-defining hits from Eurythmics, Kate Bush, The Smiths, Scritti Politti and the unique brilliance of ‘O Superman’ from Laurie Anderson open disc one – joined by the stunning ‘War Baby’ from Tom Robinson and ‘Shipbuilding’ from Robert Wyatt alongside Sade, Spandau Ballet, Roxy Music, The Police and ‘Nelson Mandela’ from The Specials, before closing with classics, Neil Diamond’s ‘Love On The Rocks’ – and ‘We All Stand Together’ from Paul McCartney.
Pure-Pop brilliance from Bananarama kicks off Disc 2 and includes Kim Wilde, Toyah, and Culture Club along with Synth-Pop gems from Gary Numan, Ultravox, Blancmange, The Human League, Howard Jones, and Nik Kershaw.
Iron Maiden’s massive rock smash ‘Run To The Hills’ opens the third disc, that also celebrates radio rock from Chicago, Tina Turner and Pretenders before a stellar run of New-Wave inspired hits including U2, New Order, The Jam, The Creatures and Hazel O’Connor.
The final disc finds its feet with huge floor-fillers from Lionel Richie, Donna Summer, Flash & The Pan, Patrice Rushen, and Shalamar before club hits from Linx and Animal Nightlife and a closing selection of Pop gold including Stars On 45, F.R. David, Sheena Easton – and three #1s from Kenny Rogers, Goombay Dance Band and the unforgettable 1982 year-end chart topper ‘Save Your Love’ from Renée & Renato.
NOW - Yearbook 1980 - 1984: The Final Chapter. A celebration of the diversity and creative magic of the time in Pop.
"Various Artists - NOW Yearbook 1980 to 1984: The Final Chapter" is out Friday, 2nd December 2022 on Universal Music and available for pre-order now.
NB: All products ordered with a pre-order will be dispatched together close to the latest pre-order release date. If you want earlier dispatched for another product then please place separate order(s).
- Wham! – Freedom
- Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart - Love Is A Stranger
- Laurie Anderson – O Superman
- Kate Bush – Sat In Your Lap
- The Smiths – What Difference Does It Make?
- Scritti Politti – Absolute
- Bronski Beat – Why?
- Sade – When Am I Going To Make A Living
- Tom Robinson – War Baby
- Robert Wyatt - Shipbuilding
- Spandau Ballet – Round And Round
- Roxy Music – Take A Chance With Me
- The Police – So Lonely
- The Specials – Nelson Mandela
- Fun Boy Three – Our Lips Are Sealed
- Elton John – Kiss The Bride
- Billy Joel – The Longest Time
- Neil Diamond – Love On The Rocks (From "The Jazz Singer" Soundtrack)
- Paul McCartney – We All Stand Together
- Bananarama – Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)
- Adam Ant – Desperate But Not Serious
- Kim Wilde – Water On Glass
- Toyah – Thunder In The Mountains
- Gary Numan – We Are Glass
- Ultravox – Hymn
- Blancmange – Living On The Ceiling
- Talk Talk – Talk Talk
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark – Tesla Girls
- Thomas Dolby – Hyperactive!
- Heaven 17 – Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry
- Simple Minds – Someone Somewhere (In Summertime)
- Soft Cell – Where The Heart Is
- The Human League - Louise
- Howard Jones – Hide And Seek
- Nik Kershaw - Human Racing
- Thompson Twins – Lay Your Hands On Me
- Kajagoogoo – Hang On Now
- Culture Club – The Medal Song
- Tracey Ullman – Move Over Darling
- Iron Maiden – Run To The Hills
- Meat Loaf – Modern Girl
- Pretenders – Day After Day
- Rick Springfield – Human Touch
- Laura Branigan – The Lucky One
- Chicago – Hard Habit To Break
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn’t So
- Tina Turner – Better Be Good To Me
- The Fixx – One Thing Leads To Another
- Madness – Grey Day
- UB40 – Cherry Oh Baby
- The Style Council – A Solid Bond In Your Heart
- Jo Boxers – Just Got Lucky
- The Go-Go’s – We Got The Beat
- Hazel O’Connor – D-Days
- The Creatures – Miss The Girl
- The Jam – Just Who Is The 5 O’Clock Hero?
- U2 – 11 O’Clock Tick Tock
- New Order – Everything’s Gone Green
- Echo And The Bunnymen – Silver
- Associates – 18 Carat Love Affair
- Japan – Cantonese Boy
- Lionel Richie – Running With The Night
- Donna Summer – Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)
- Shalamar – Friends
- The Pointer Sisters – I’m So Excited
- Flash And The Pan – Waiting For A Train
- Patrice Rushen – Forget Me Nots
- Kool & The Gang – Fresh
- Jeffrey Osborne – Stay With Me Tonight
- The Temptations – Treat Her Like A Lady
- Linx – Intuition
- Animal Nightlife – Mr. Solitaire
- Modern Romance – Don’t Stop That Crazy Rhythm
- Stars On 45 / Starsound – More Stars (ABBA Medley) / Stars On 45 Vol. 2
- Bucks Fizz – Piece Of The Action
- F.R. David – Words
- Sheena Easton - When He Shines
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- The Art Company – Susanna
- Goombay Dance Band – Seven Tears
- Renée & Renato – Save Your Love
Format: 4CD Album
Catalogue Number: CDYBNOW8084
Label: Universal Music
Release Date: Friday, 2nd December 2022