Sparks: Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins - (3xCD Album Deluxe) - pre-order [2019-11-15]
Sparks: Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins - (3xCD Album Deluxe)
Originally released in November 1994 following an unprecedented 6 year hiatus, Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins marked a return to the commercial success that had alluded the band for much of the 80s. Delivering some of their highest chart positions in 15 years and the now fan favourite single, When Do I Get To Sing “My Way”.
Their matchless flair for the avant garde and contemporary experimental ever present, Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins presented another reinvention in sound and style so typical of Sparks’s uniquely extra-ordinary career.
A 1994 NME review called the record one of ‘their finest moments’. Q declared the album a ‘triumph’. ‘a precious box of jewels’ said Melody Maker. Surprise and delight for the new unashamedly European dancefloor sound full of ‘style and wit’ was evident.
Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins is now reissued, for the first time, as a deluxe edition to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original release.
Compiled, curated and designed by Ron & Russell Mael.
"Sparks: Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins", is out Friday, 15th November 2019 on BMG and available for pre-order now.
NB: All products ordered with a pre-order will be dispatched together close to the latest pre-order release date. If you want earlier dispatched for another product then please place separate order(s).
3xCD Track Listing
Disc 1 (Remastered Original Album):
- Gratuitous Sax
- When Do I Get To Sing "My Way"
- (When I Kiss You) I Hear Charlie Parker Playing
- Frankly, Scarlett, I Don't Give A Damn
- I Thought I Told You To Wait In The Car
- Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil
- Now That I Own The BBC
- Tsui Hark
- The Ghost Of Liberace
- Let's Go Surfing
- Senseless Violins
Disc 2 (Remixes/B-sides/Official Releases):
- National Crime Awareness Week (Complete Psycho) produced by Finiflex
- When Do I Get To Sing "My Way" (The Grid Radio Edit) Remixed by The Grid
- (When I Kiss You) I Hear Charlie Parker Playing [Bernard Butler's Fashionable World Of Fashion Mix] remixed by Bernard Butler
- Now That I Own The BBC (Live BBC Acoustic Version)
- When Do I Get To Sing "My Way" (Vince Clarke Remix)
- She's An Anchorman
- Little Drummer Boy (unreleased studio version)
- Beat The Clock (Live in Concert) Live at Shepherds Bush Empire, London. 17 November 1994
- National Crime Awareness Week (13 Minutes In Heaven) produced by Finiflex
- When Do I Get To Sing "My Way" (Sticks & Stones Remix) remixed by Keith Marantz & David Longoria at The Steamroom
- (When I Kiss You) I Hear Charlie Parker Playing [The Beatmasters' Full-Blown Dub] Remixed by The Beatmasters
- Now That I Own The BBC (Motiv 8 Extended Vocal Mix) remixed by Motiv 8
- When Do I Get To Sing "My Way" (Pro-Gress Mix) Remix & additional production by Pro-Gress for D.E.F.
- National Crime Awareness Week (The Janet Leigh Mix) remixed by Steve Bates
Disc 3 (Unreleased Demos):
- Where Did I Leave My Halo?
- She's Beautiful (So What)
- The Farmer's Daughter
- This Angry Young Man Ain't Angry No More
- Bob Hope
- She's An Anchorman (Demo)
- Love Can Conquer All
- That's What I Call Paradise
- This Angry Young Man Ain't Angry No More (Ron Vocal Version)
- Mid-Atlantic (Ron Vocal Version)
- That's Entertainment (feat. Les Bohem)
Disc 3 (Unreleased tracks from Christi Haydon EP (with vocals by Christi Haydon):
- Katharine Hepburn
- Boris The Spider
Format: 3xCD Album Deluxe (digisleeve)
Bar Code 4050538517156
Release Date: Friday, 15th November 2019